The MDP’s Anishinaabek Caucus advocates for issues important to the members of the Odawa, Ojibwe and Bodawadmi tribes– the Three fires Confederacy. It has been instrumental in nominating tribal members to boards and commissions and in growing participation in elections. This series of Town Halls in November will mobilize around the issues of wolf protection, the tragedy of missing or murdered indigenous women, Line 5 and the cultural and archeological heritage discovered by tribal members under the straits of Mackinac, protection of the essential wild rice (Manoomin) and the grim legacy of the residential boarding schools, only now coming to light. The Caucus was founded by WCDP member Andrea Pierce, who was also part of the discovery of the underwater site.
- Run to Win Academy- Training Candidates, Staffers of Color November 18, 2021
- Dems Care Tutoring Program Seeks Volunteers, Donations November 15, 2021
- Join Rep. Felicia Brabec and Guests for a Stop on her Mental Health Listening Tour November 7, 2021
- Time to Talk to our Neighbors! October 25, 2021
- Anishinaabek Caucus Town Halls– A Push for Inclusive Democracy October 25, 2021