Please note that, because of growing public health concerns, some events may be cancelled on short notice.
- This event has passed.
Michigan Environmental Justice Summit 2020
February 13 @ 6:00 pm
- Michelle Martinez (MS ’08) SEAS alumna, Panel Moderator. Coordinator, Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition, Detroit-based EJ activist, speaker, writer, and mother
- Robert Bullard. Known as the “Father of Environmental Justice”, Named one of 13 Environmental Leaders of the Century (Newsweek, 2008)
- Rhiana Gunn-Wright. Policy Director, New Consensus, an architect of the Green New Deal
- Charles Lee. Senior Policy Advisor, EPA, EJ pioneer and principal author of the landmark report, Toxic Wastes and Race in the United States
- Regina Strong. Environmental Justice Public Advocate, Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy
Disclaimer: One of the WCDP’s goals is to promote causes, activities, and events spearheaded by community members and like-minded organizations. With that said, the views and opinions expressed by individuals or organizations on our News and Calendar pages are not necessarily those of the Washtenaw County Democratic Party or its leadership. Similarly, events related to candidates and their campaigns are not endorsements.