Becoming a candidate is especially difficult this year due the the cancellation of in-person events. Reach out to those you know to find out how to sign!
From the County Elections office:
At this time the filing deadlines for candidates running for public office on the August 4 State Primary ballot have not changed. Please continue to check www.washtenaw.org/elections for more information regarding the upcoming August 4th State Primary and filing deadlines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Filing Deadlines are as follows:
- April 21, 2020 at 4:00 PM: Candidates for State, County, Township, Ann Arbor City and Ypsilanti City offices.
- May 5, 2020 at 4:00 PM: Candidates for Precinct Delegate positions.
Candidates must file with the appropriate filing official:
- State Representative, Countywide officer, & County Commissioner candidates file an Affidavit of Identity and either nominating petitions OR a $100 refundable filing fee at the Washtenaw County Clerk/Register’s office.
- Precinct Delegate Candidates file an Affidavit of Identity at the Washtenaw County Clerk/Register’s office.
- City office candidates file an Affidavit of Identity and nominating petitions at the City Clerk’s office. They cannot file at the County Clerk’s office and cannot pay a filing fee.
- Township office candidates file an Affidavit of Identity and either nominating petitions or a $100 refundable filing fee at the Township Clerk’s office. They cannot file at the County Clerk’s office.
- Affidavit of Identity (all offices)
- Precinct Delegate Affidavit of Identity
- Nominating Petitions available to be sent by mail upon request.
To file for County, State Representative or Precinct Delegate offices, submit complete and notarized documents (including Affidavit of Identity, petitions or filing fee, as appropriate):
- By appointment (candidates for State Representative, Probate Judge, and County offices only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule an appointment. Notary services are available.
- Precinct Delegate candidates should submit their affidavits to our office by USPS mail at this time.
- Affidavits may be notarized remotely by any Notary Public commissioned in the State of Michigan using any video conference platform that they’d like so long as the platform can record the transaction.
- Notaries Public can be found here.
- Campaign finance paperwork accepted by email at email@example.com
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org