Event SubmissionsRead guidelines before submitting.
One of the Washtenaw County Democratic Party’s tasks is to disseminate relevant information and news to our membership. This includes information about events, fundraisers, rallies, meetings, coffee hours, trainings, etc.
We have a countywide email list, an active and regularly-updated website, a comprehensive calendar with relevant/important events, and a strong social media presence on Facebook and Twitter. Sending us event information does not guarantee that it will be shared on any or all of our platforms. We reserve the right not to share it if we believe it does not promote the interests of the County Party or isn’t relevant to our membership.
If you or your organization would like us to promote an event, please consider the following:
- Use the form on this page or email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide the information far enough in advance that we have time to share it before the event takes place. Two weeks in advance is appreciated.
- Please include the following information with your submission:
- Name of a contact person and their email address
- Name of the event
- Date and time the event starts and ends
- Location name and street address. If the event is online, include the name of the platform and a link for guests to register or view the event.
- A brief description of roughly 100 words including any speakers, activities, a reason for the event, any costs involved, and any relevnat links (Facebook event, Mobilize, Eventbrite, website, etc.)
- If you have a promotional image you would like us to use, send it as a clear, appropriately sized .jpg or .png image. We cannot work with .pdfs and will not convert file types or edit images for you. Images should be emailed to email@example.com.
The people responsible for our emails, website, calendar, and social media accounts are ALL volunteers with feelings and day jobs. Be patient and forgiving if mistakes are made or if things take longer to get posted than you had hoped.
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.