Submission GuidelinesFor Events and Notices
One of the Washtenaw County Democratic Party’s tasks is to disseminate relevant information and news to our membership. This includes information about events, fundraisers, rallies, meetings, coffee hours, trainings, etc. We have a countywide email list, an active and regularly-updated website, a comprehensive calendar with relevant/important events, and a strong social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
Sending information to us does not guarantee that it will be shared on any or all of our platforms. We reserve the right not to share it if we believe it does not promote the interests of the County Party or isn’t relevant to our membership. We make every effort, however, to share information from all Democratic candidates for office.
If you or your organization would like to submit information for us to share, please consider the following:
- Information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending it to this address makes sure that the right people on our Social Media and Communications teams will see it.
- Provide the information far enough in advance that we have time to share it before the event takes place. Two weeks in advance is appreciated.
- Please include the following information with your submission:
- Title of event
- Date and time
- Location name and street address
- A brief synopsis of roughly 100 words including any speakers, activities, a reason for the event, any costs involved, and any contact information including a URL to an Eventbrite or Facebook page and/or email or phone number and name of a contact person.
- A clear, appropriately sized .jpg or .png image. We cannot work with .pdfs and will not convert file types or edit images for you.
The people responsible for our email newsletter, website, calendar, and social media accounts are ALL volunteers with feelings and day jobs. Be patient and forgiving if mistakes are made or if things take longer to get posted than you had hoped. We work very hard and do our best but, like everyone else, we’re not perfect (and we are VERY busy).
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.