Guidelines for Submitting Events and Notices to be Shared by the WCDP
(Last update: 1/2/2019 by Chris Savage)
One of the Washtenaw County Democratic Party’s tasks is to disseminate relevant information and news to our membership. This includes information about events, fundraisers, rallies, meetings, coffee hours, trainings, etc. We have over 2,600 people on our countywide email list, an active and regularly-updated website, a comprehensive calendar with most relevant/important events, and a strong social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
If you or your organization would like to submit information for us to share, please consider the following guidelines when doing so.
1. Information should be sent to email@example.com. Sending it to this address makes sure that the right people on our Social Media and Communications teams as well as the person responsible for our email newsletter will see it.
2. Sending information to us does not guarantee that it will be shared on any or all of our platforms. We reserve the right not to share it if we believe it does not promote the interests of the County Party or isn’t relevant to our membership. We make every effort, however, to share information from all Democratic candidates for office.
3. Please provide the information far in enough in advance that we have time to get it shared before the event date. 1-2 weeks in advance is preferred.
4. Please include the following information with your submission:
Title of event
When (date & time)
Where (location name and street address)
Brief synopsis: roughly 100 words including any speakers; activities; reason for the event; cost if any; and contact information — a URL to an Eventbrite or Facebook page and/or email or phone number and name of the contact person.
An image as a .jpg or .png only, please — we cannot work with .pdfs (Note: if you want us to include your flyer, and can take the time to prepare it, the free app Gymp will let you reduce the size and export as a .jpg. We don’t really have time to do this as a general rule).
5. The people responsible for our email newsletter, website, calendar, and social media accounts are ALL volunteers with feelings and day jobs. Please be understanding of that including being patient and forgiving if mistakes are made or if things take longer to get posted than you had hoped. We work very hard and do our best but, like everyone else, we’re not perfect (and we are VERY busy).
Email newsletters go out once a week, usually on Thursdays.
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.