Republicans know they’re a radical minority.
They know they can only win elections by suppressing the votes of those who disagree with them. Don’t let them.
MI Republicans want to block your vote.
- In 2018, 67% of Michiganders voted to amend MI’s constitution to allow same-day voter registration, no-excuse absentee voting, and other reforms to make it easier for all citizens to engage in democracy.
- The 2020 election, with record turnout despite the pandemic, was the most secure in state history.
- But MI Republicans didn’t get the results they wanted, so now they’re trying to gut these changes and bypass the voters with a legislative initiative to make it much harder to vote.
READ MORE HERE about the Republicans’ voter suppression efforts in Michigan.
HOW YOU CAN FIGHT BACK
- DO NOT SIGN the “Secure MI Vote” initiative. Find more info and social media tools here.
- DON’T BE FOOLED by paid petition circulators who claim that signing the petition will get a proposal on the ballot for voters to decide. If they get the required number of signatures, Republican legislators can immediately make this law — and the Governor can’t veto it.
- JOIN the Permanent Absent Voter list after November 2, 2021 at Washtenaw.org/voters.
- VOLUNTEER to be a poll challenger in November 2021 and beyond.
- SHARE this information with your friends. Use the social media posts in the toolkit, reach out to your email list, talk about it!
- STAY IN TOUCH with the WCDP by signing up for our newsletter at washtenawdems.org, volunteer to help us get the word out at washtenawdems.org/volunteer/