Video up! See below ⬇️ or watch on Youtube 📺
Saturday, September 9, @ 9:45 am – 12:00 pm
The WCDP held an educational program and a formal general membership meeting for the purposes of approving bylaws changes and resolutions proposed by members. The schedule was as follows:
- 9:15-9:45 — Meet and greet, with refreshments and new member welcome!
- 9:45-10:00 – Party business: Welcomes and introductions, Michigan legislator updates, Washington report fromCongresswoman Debbie Dingell
- 10:00-11:00 – Program: Poverty across Washtenaw County: Focusing on common themes in rural and urban areas
- 11:00-11:05 – WCDP County Committee meeting to discuss and vote on the nomination of two new officers, for the positions of Treasurer (Andrew Groat) and Secretary (Josephine Rood)
- 11:05-noon – Washtenaw County Democratic Party membership meeting to consider bylaws changes and adoption of resolutions.
All are welcome to attend the full meeting. To vote in the general membership meeting, you must be a WCDP member for at least 30 days (by August 9). Learn about membership and find the link to join here. If you are not sure your membership is up-to-date, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents voting WCDP members need to consider:
Proposed bylaws changes:
– Here is an explanation of the proposed bylaws revisions.
– Bylaws revisions proposed for adoption by WCDP membership 9-9-23
– Current bylaws, adopted by WCDP membership 11-28-22.
– In support of HB4893, known as MiCare
– In support of the Goal and Campaign of Ann Arbor for Public Power (A2P2) to Replace DTE with a Full Municipal Electric Utility in Ann Arbor
To introduce a resolution: Resolutions published in this newsletter (2 weeks in advance of the meeting) require a simple majority vote of WCDP members in attendance to pass. Resolutions proposed at the meeting without advance notice require ⅔ majority of WCDP members in attendance to pass. Resolutions not published now may be considered by the membership at the 9/9 meeting as long as the person or group proposing the resolution provides enough hard copies for all in attendance.
Because membership status must be confirmed before the meeting to enable voting, we’ll appreciate it if you RSVP in advance, whether you plan to attend in person or via Zoom.